Summer Alan
...Hot Reads

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Never a Dull Email...when you Google Alert

I have my name and the titles of my books set to search on google automatically and email me the results. Did you know google can do that? Go to http://www.google.com/alerts and set your name and titles of your books in there. You'll know whenever your name comes up on the world wide web...
 
I say this with a word of caution...you might be surprised at what appears in your "in box".
 
This morning, I awaken (late) to such an email. Google notifies me that yes, someone has read one of my books and in their wisdom has given their opinion about it on their personal blog...which is full of her opinions on lots of books.
 
Yeah.
 
To say this person didn't like the book would be sort of sugar-coating a turd. She hated it. I mean, really hated it. She hated it so much that it was almost funny, which I don't think was her intention, but I did laugh.
 
I mean, I'm not sure what she expected, but it's tough to take seriously comments like "It doesn't help that there seems to be every sex variation in the book in it. What's next? A threesome? Frankly, it wouldn't have surprised me."
 
It's a thought...maybe in the next book. ha!

Labels: ,

posted by Summer Alan at 7:30 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home